Holme Grange School - Senior IT Technician
Holme Grange School
Competitive, dependent on qualifications and experience relevant to the role
An exciting opportunity to join this award-winning Independent School set in 21 acres of beautiful Berkshire countryside. If you are a keen and experienced IT Technician, who is looking to inspire our pupils then we would love to hear from you.
Holme Grange is a successful, traditional Independent School with a real soul. We aim to stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage pupils to embrace challenge. We have high expectations, setting high standards for ourselves and our pupils. Pastoral care is the responsibility of every member of staff and is one of the many strengths of this thriving School and we have waiting lists in most year groups.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and suitably experienced IT Technician to support the school’s IT systems. The main responsibilities will be to ensure that the schools IT and communications systems are fully able to support the teaching, learning and management of the School.
Supervising our Apprentice IT Technician and Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the successful candidate will have:
· Experience in supporting IT in a controlled environment and previous experience of working in a Professional team and supporting day to day developments.
· Working knowledge of automated software installations.
· Microsoft server 2012 and above skills, active directory DNS, DHCP, group policies and Office 365 skills desirable.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Experience in the education sector is desirable but not essential.
· You must also be Microsoft qualified such as MCP/ MCSA/ MCSE/ MCTS or hold other industry recognised qualifications.
Holme Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for all jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level. A Prohibition Check is also carried out. Holme Grange School is an equal opportunities employer.
Pre-application visits welcomed – please phone to book a time. Full details and application form available at www.holmegrange.org or by telephoning 0118 978 1566. Applications will only be accepted by completion of an application form which should be submitted with a hand-written letter of application to the Head – Mrs C Robinson.
Closing date for applications: until the position is filled Interviews: dates to be confirmed
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy at short notice if a suitable candidate is appointed, so early applications are encouraged*