St Margaret's School for Girls - Teacher of History (0.8 FTE maternity cover)
We seek a suitably qualified and enthusiastic teacher of History (0.8 FTE maternity cover) to join our thriving department. Applicants must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland or be eligible for registration.
St Margaret’s School for Girls is the oldest all-through girls’ school in Scotland and the only single sex school in Aberdeen. Recently named as Scottish Independent School of 2020 by The Sunday Times, the school enjoys a fine reputation for academic excellence. We offer a wide choice of subjects and extra-curricular activities, and encourage all girls to aim high. Further details may be found on our website: www.st-margaret.aberdeen.sch.uk
We are seeking a suitably qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our senior school staff. History is taught from S1 through to Advanced Higher level. Applications will be considered for full or part-time employment. It may be advantageous, although not essential, for the candidate to have experience of teaching another social science subject. The department is well resourced and has long offered stimulating educational visits and extra-curricular experiences; the successful applicant for this post will be committed to organising and leading such activities.
St Margaret’s teachers are remunerated on the SNCT scale and receive an additional 1% over and above this scale. Subject to satisfying eligibility criteria, the successful applicant will be automatically enrolled into the Scottish Teachers’ Superannuation Scheme, but will have the right to opt out. Daughters of staff who attend the school will be eligible for a 40% remission on school fees. St Margaret’s also has an Employee Assistance Programme which offers free and confidential advice on both work and personal issues.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to teach a lesson, which will be observed.
1. To provide a stimulating learning environment for pupils.
2. To prepare and maintain schemes of work.
3. To prepare pupils for internal and external assessment.
4. To mark and moderate pupils' work.
5. To plan, risk assess and lead educational visits for relevant year groups.
6. To write reports.
7. To maintain pupils' records.
8. To liaise with form teachers, guidance staff and support for learning staff regarding the work of individual pupils.
9. To provide consultation for pupils and their parents.
10. To participate in the school’s professional learning programme.
11. To develop and implement teaching and learning strategies in line with school policy.
12. To cover for colleagues as required.
13. To attend parents’ evenings.
14. To take part in school open days and other events.
15. To contribute to the positive, inclusive ethos and rich extra-curricular life of St Margaret’s School.
How to apply:
Applicants should write a letter of application to the Headteacher, Miss Anna Tomlinson, and send this with a full CV and completed application form to St Margaret’s School for Girls, 15-17 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1RU or email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 28th September 2020
Start date: Monday 26th October 2020 or later by arrangement
St Margaret's School for Girls
17 Albyn Place, Aberdeen, AB10 1RU
- 10 Day Boys (3-5)
- 378 Day Girls (3-18)
- GSA, ISC
01224 584466 https://www.st-margaret.aberdeen.sch.uk/jobs
Closing Date: 28 September 2020
Add a Vacancy
Any school in membership of an association in ISC can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.